Standing just one block north of Philadelphia’s Independence Hall, the President’s House served as both home and office to Presidents George Washington and John Adams from 1790 to 1800. Demolished in 1951, the house was rebuilt in 2010 to construct a memorial and exhibition to honor the lives and achievements of all of its residents.
Set to be the newest addition to the Independence National Historical Park, Kelly Maiello Architects designed a partial reconstruction of the mansions shell, with glass panels around the excavated basement working areas and slave quarters. The project highlights about 1,000 square feet of Pilkington OptiView™.
Pilkington OptiView™ anti-reflective glass helps to provide the best unobscured view of the Presidents House. In addition to its low reflectivity, laminated Pilkington OptiView™ also offers enhanced security, damage protection and blocks more than 99% of transmitted UV to protect the contents from fading and sun damage.