The headquarters of the popular Scandinavian fashion brand Gina Tricot, designed by the Swedish studio Wingårdh Arkitektkontor, is an ambivalent project that is uniform and multidimensional at the same time.
The construction covers a total of approximately 8000 m² and was inaugurated on 10.10.2010 at 10:10!
The new headquarters is a triangular building on eight floors, six office floors of 1100 m² each and below this there are two parking floors.
Characterized by a triangular form and a sharply pointed edge, the building has internal and external spaces that are independent and autonomous from each other. Two narrow spaces cutting across the body of the building mark each entrance to the building and contrast with the pale shroud that surrounds the structure.
The facade of the new building is designed as a double shell. It is made up of Pilkington Optiwhite™ which has been screen printed to 62% with a white perforated surface on the outside and a black on the inside, to achieve a so-called "one-way mirror" effect. The effect is that employees can look out, while people who are outside cannot see into the building. It is a transitional surface that allows light and line of sight to pass through the outer shell and connect public and private spaces.
The cladding, repeatable and uniform in its appearance, participates in the alternating play of reflection and lighting, the states of which depend on changing lighting conditions.